What are we about?
At Baulkfield (heh), we are a fun-oriented, inclusive, and friendly bunch of people who love swords just a bit too much. Nobody is unwelcome in our club and our student body is extremely diverse in terms of age, gender and orientation. We cater for anyone from experienced martial artists and those who might want to compete to those who just want to turn up, swing a sword, and make some friends.
We are focused on 15th and 16th Century systems influenced by Johannes Liechtenauer and concentrate on 3 core weapons of longsword, messer, and rappier.
- The longsword is the classical knightly weapon. A light two handed cutting and thrusting weapon
- The messer is a short sabre that heavily favours the cut.
- The rappier is a long single handed cut and thrust blade.
Baulkham Hills – Thursdays – 19:30-22:00
Baulkham Hills Community Centre
390 Windsor Rd via Seven Hills Road & Conie Ave (very close to the M2 and M4)
(If driving, make sure you come in off Conie Ave or you’ll never find us.)
Baulkham Hills Australia 2153
Term 1 Starts Thursday 4 February 2021
Term 2 Starts Thursday 22nd April 2021
Term 3 Starts Thursday 15th July 2021
Term 4 Starts Thursday 7 October 2021
Strathfield – Tuesdays – 19:00-21:30
Strathfield Homebush Uniting Church.
Carrington Ave Strathfield (Close to Station)
Term 1 Starts Tuesday 2 January 2021
Term 2 Starts Tuesday 20 April 2021
Term 3 Starts Tuesday 13 July 2021
Term 4 Starts Tuesday 5 October 2021
What’s on this Term?
At Baulkfield, we train all 3 weapons all the time. Want to train just one? That’s fine. Want to train a combo of all 3 across a lesson? Go for it.
- The first part of the class consists of 60-75 minutes of warmup and drilling with all weapons taught together by concept. Again this means that you can train with a combination of weapons or specialise in a favourite.
- The second part of class (75-90 minutes) is focused on attribute building games for those without equipment and free-fencing for those with their own equipment.
An annual fee of $25 to cover insurance needs to be paid to Stoccata Central directly
(If you attend multiple branches, you need only pay the membership fee once).
And then $150 per school term per branch attended. (Some students attend both branches as two lessons per week is much more than twice as effective as one lesson)
Staying up to date and in touch
The best way to stay up to date with everything that is happening at Stoccata Baulkham Hills is via our Facebook Group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/764159113653774/
Come and join us!
You are more than welcome to just turn up and observe if you like or to participate in a free trial lesson. Please do not hesitate to email with questions or join the Facebook Group and do the same.
You can also contact us using the form below (Although Facebook will likely be answered more quickly).